When searching your workbench for an individual by name, last name, or email ID, only one profile should appear in the results. Multiple profiles that represent the same individual should be merged to allow for a smooth experience with board staff and for the members in question when accessing portals.
Reasons for profile duplication:
- End users may try to activate on the application portal instead of logging in (either as an applicant or a registered member). If the individual uses an email address different from the one in the portal access credential field of their existing profile, a new profile for that individual will be created.
- Data received for migration into your Thentia account may already contain duplication in profile information for individual members.
End users will encounter errors with their portal login if they have a duplicate profile (specifically, a duplication on portal access credential email address) in your account.
Thentia does have rules in place to avoid duplicate member profiles being created by end users, specifically with identical email addresses. Duplication of portal access credentials is usually a result of duplicate in member profiles received by Thentia and loaded into your account before launch.
Always verify the identity of the profiles in question by checking names, primary email addresses, and portal access credentials. In some cases, a secondary profile may only contain partial information.
To merge profiles effectively, follow these steps:
- Thoroughly identify names, email IDs an other profile info to determine which should remain (in other words, which will you keep and which will you delete)
- Examine the connections in duplicate profiles and ensure that each of them are associated to the primary profile (ie. the profile that you're keeping). This can be done by visiting the connected entity and editing the name in the 'profile' field. Tip: If both profiles contain the same first and last names, it will be difficult to understand which is which when you are making the connection changes. To help with this, simply edit one of the profile name fields to distinguish it from the other. You can change it back once you're done.
- Delete the duplicate profile(s) that you'd like to get rid of by accessing each profile record and clicking the trashcan icon in the upper left
Important: Be thorough in ensuring all connections and information are retained in the remaining profile before deleting any duplicates. Deleted profiles need to be restored by the Thentia support team and will require a ticket.