Welcome to Thentia Cloud! This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to create user access restrictions within the Platform.
1. Select the grid icon towards the upper-right corner of the screen and choose the Security module.
2. Select the menu icon and select Privilege Groups.
3. Select the (+) icon to add a new group record. Once a Privilege Group is named and saved, privileges can be assigned to the group.
4. Select the menu icon and select Privileges.
5. Select the (+) icon to add a new privilege record.
6. Input the necessary information in the drop-down fields.
- A unique name that is easily identifiable based on the Privilege.
- The Group the privilege belongs with.
- The Entity (privilege) being restricted.
An Entity is an object that stores information in Thentia Cloud, such as an application or invoice. As an example, a privilege restriction to an invoice, applies to all invoices, not a specific invoice.
7. Select the type of access allowed or restricted.
- Read Access: Permits the user to access and view the record.
- Write Access: Permits the user to edit the record and its contents and save.
- Delete Access: Delete the record.
8. Save the settings.
For this example, the user has been given Read Access but Write and Delete has been removed.
9. The title will change to the inputted name.
Repeat steps 5 – 8 to create additional privileges to assign to the privilege group. See the Assigning Users to Security Groups Quick Reference Guide to associate a group to a user.